Our goal: To create and maintain best global collaborative projects and collaborative work spaces for students and educators in and serving K-12 around the world while building bridges between Students, Educators, trainee teachers and Post Secondary Education Institutions.
An annual school subscription will provide for 15 students to be entered into a project. Any students above this, or if the school or class wish to enter another project, a per-student fee is applicable. Site includes ability to embed video, blog, groups, forum posts and may be used for other activities for the class during the year.
In addition we are introducing “Sweat Equity” for teachers. This means that some scholarships will be available to cover per student fees on an application basis. This allows teachers to provide administrative support for the project such as RSS monitoring of the project portal, serve on the project leadership committee, provide troubleshooting response, and other activities that will defray the administrative overhead costs of running the project. This is over and above the monitoring that teachers are required to do of their own student work for each project.
Included services and websites (leading Web 2.0 tools)
(If you had to buy these tools for your school it would cost over $4000)
- Digiteen™ Ning –http://digiteen.ning.com with video and blogging upload access.
- Project Wiki Access -–http://www.flatclassroomproject.org – private wiki area for students and teachers separate from wikispaces platform.
- Project Diigo Grouphttp://groups.diigo.com/group/digiteen
- Elluminate Room for Student Summit Presentations at the End of the Project
- Teacher and Administrator Access to Flat Classroom Educator Network -http://flatclassrooms.ning.com
- Teacher Training Meetings (held weekly throughout the project)
- Project Help Wiki Resources
- Live Trouble Ticket Systemhttp://www.digiteen.org/support-ticket.html
- Teacher Group - Google Group – for ongoing mentoring
- Mentorship with Leading Global Collaborative Teachers who are actually DOING IT!
- Recognition for School Completion on the Official Flat Classroom Website –http://www.digiteen.org
- Press Release for project to distribute to local media
- Schools successfully completing the project will receive a recognition certificate for framing.
- Linking with classrooms around the world.
- Digiteen(tm) Certified Teacher Pilot Program: applications to open in December for current and past teachers of the Digiteen or Flat Classroom Project only. January – April 2011
- Digiteen Starter Kits (movies, tutorials, rubrics, and student handouts and DVD) – available for purchase January 2011
Questions? We love to hear from interested participants and classrooms globally.